Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Luckett's Holiday House & Market

Today I've got a little swing into the Christmas season for you! I mean - tomorrow is November 30th and let's face it, we've all got our trees up already, right? I've had mine up for almost a month at this point and while some would say that's excessive - Science has proven people who decorate for Christmas earlier are happier. And I'll take more happy any day of the week!

On Saturday we went to Luckett's Market and Holiday House - located in Leesburg, VA. My friends and I attended the Luckett's Fall Market back in October and last year I'd seen posts about the Holiday House but tickets were long since sold out. So this year, I made a request early and was gifted tickets for my birthday! This is essentially a picture heavy post - so enjoy! 






Luckett's is a restored general store that dates back to 1879 and it has antiques, vintage goods and home furnishings. They also do a Holiday House that is accessible with tickets - and the tickets sell out quickly! We talked with an employee on Saturday; they only use the house for Christmas and they start decorating in late June/early July. They start with the wallpaper! That's right - they put up new wallpaper every year! *mind blown*

 





Everything in the house is for sale - so if you see something you like, you just plop it into the red basket they give you when you head into the house! I was so tempted by the basket of small stuffed Watson pups... they looked just like my boy. 







The house itself is just part of the Luckett's experience - they have multiple stalls with gardening, outdoors, metal works and more unique gifts all over the lot. There is plenty to take in and I'd have to say that if you can't find something here... you might be out of luck! They have a little bit of everything; heck, I even saw a taxidermized squirrel. *shrugs*






I'm sure some would say I took too many pictures - but I don't know if there is such a thing when there are so many glorious Christmas decorations at every turn! You have to snap pictures of them all!






The main store was filled to the brim with fascinating pieces - I'd love to go back again when it's not the holiday season and the store is potentially just a little less crowded. The vendors set up outside are apparently present for most to the year, so I think an early Spring visit would be lovely!






After our visit to Luckett's - we headed to one of our very favorite restaurants in the NoVa area: Clyde's Willow Brook Farm - for dinner! The service and food were fantastic as usual! Every visit is always a great one and I always look forward to going back again and again.

Have you ever been to Luckett's? If so - let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment