Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Wedding Wednesday - Ryan

The final Wedding Wednesday post before I’m a Mrs. – I can’t believe the big day is almost here. I wanted to touch on the most important aspect of our upcoming wedding (at least for me) - Ryan. 

I have shared many times through the years about my heartache as I waited (often not so patiently) for the Lord to send the right man my way. I went on dates with some real oddballs and spent many a day (and night) wondering if my chance would ever come along. And then, just like that – there was Ryan. I took a chance with just a weekend left on my eHarmony membership and expanded my parameters from 60 miles to 90 miles, which just barely looped Ryan in – but that just barely was all we needed.

Ryan and I met in person for the first time on March 6th of 2021 and when he hugged me for the first time, I already knew my heart had found it’s forever home with him. Ryan is my best friend, he is my biggest supporter, he is my greatest defender, and he is the person I have been waiting for all this time. His heart for the Lord and the fire he has to pursue life at 110% each and every day are such inspirations to me and he inspires me to be a better version of myself.

He speaks the truth over me in love and challenges me on a daily basis. I could not ask for a better man to do life with, and I cannot wait for our lives together to start. He is a blessing to me in every way possible and I cannot wait to see what life has in store for us. I have told him this many times – and I will continue to tell him for the rest of our lives – he was worth the wait and I would wait all over again in a heartbeat knowing that he was who would be waiting for me at the end. 

What a gift to be able to become Mrs. Ryan Lapp in just three days.

*************************************************************

I’ll see you all on the married side – and I’ll share all about our wonderful wedding!

1 comment: