Wednesday, November 23, 2022

Wedding Wednesday - The Rehearsal Dinner

It’s a Wedding Wednesday post and I changed up the header photo since I now have access to some wedding photos! I wanted to start sharing about our wedding with some snaps from the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner! This post will likely be a short and sweet one since I don’t actually have that many pictures from the evening of the rehearsal! 

I have to confess it felt absolutely surreal to realize on Friday the 11th that we’d finally arrived at our wedding weekend! Even more so when I arrived at the Mimslyn Inn to check in and greet guests and get ready for the rehearsal and everyone was saying “it’s the bride” or “how are you feeling” and our picture was displayed in the main dining room and so many members of our family and precious friends were arriving, and it was just the most amazing and overwhelming feeling of love.

When I saw Ryan for the first time in a couple of days – he almost immediately noticed that because of the rainy conditions, there was not one but two rainbows in the sky. He hugged me and then began praying over us – asking that the Lord would give us a double blessing.

“When they had crossed over, Elijah said to Elisha “Ask what I shall do for you before I am taken from you.” And Elisha said, “Please let a double portion of your spirit be upon me”.” 2 Kings 2:9

Our rehearsal itself was at the venue but had to be held indoors since it was absolutely pouring on Friday night! We stood in front of the huge picture window and rehearsed while the rain pounded against the window and all I could think was “please let this rain end like the weather is predicting”… I know rain on your wedding day is good luck, but goodness – this was a flood! Plus – it technically rained until around 2 AM on Saturday morning – so I think we also got the luck portion. *wink*

This was also my first time seeing all the decorations and hard work my Mom, my Mother-in-Law and my Mom’s precious friends had put in on Friday morning making the space everything I’d imagined. It all looked so stunning and absolutely perfect! I couldn’t have been more delighted and joyous taking in each moment!


Everyone arrived at Stoneyman and after a lot of chatter and people catching up, hugging, high-fiving and the like – our coordinator, the most amazing and wonderful Connie Joyner called us to attention and we ran through the whole ceremony two times in quick succession! I must admit – it all seemed a little wild to me, but everyone from Ryan’s cousin Tim to my lifelong friend Nickolee assured me that “somehow – it will all come together and happen tomorrow.”


We wrapped up the rehearsal and headed back to the Mimslyn Inn for our rehearsal dinner! We were seated at the head table and surrounded by tables of friends and family who had traveled to celebrate Ryan and I! We had a wonderful meal and then speeches were shared – Ryan’s cousin Nick made everyone laugh… and then shared some lovely words about he and Ryan’s relationship. My sister and my dear friend Nickolee had me (and some others) in tears with their words. And then to my surprise – my cousin Colton spoke up and said some words and absolutely wrecked me (in a good way). We also watched a video my Dad had put together with pictures from Ryan and I’s lives as we grew up – and then once we found each other!


It was such a wonderful time, and it was so amusing to see people who had never met suddenly hit it off and spend the night chatting and enjoying one another’s company. My ring bearer immediately befriended Ryan’s cousins Tim and Geoff, my flower girl Evelyn was making the rounds to chat with new people and all around the room – friends and family were sharing. It was such a blessing to see so many people who came to celebrate Ryan and I.

Once the rehearsal dinner was over – Ryan and I took a few minutes to exchange gifts with one another – and then he was off to spend time with his groomsmen and I visited with some family before calling it a night with my little sister. And if you’re wondering – I slept like a log. I was fast asleep by 11:00 and slept soundly without waking until my alarm went off at 6:45 and my little sister proclaimed “the sunshine is out and YOU ARE GETTING MARRIED TODAY!”

No comments:

Post a Comment