Friday, September 22, 2017

Five on Friday

It's Friday y'all - and if you don't believe I'm doing a happy dance; well, you don't know me very well! This week has been hectic...to say the least...and I'm so glad to see 5 o'clock on the horizon! But first - Five things on my mind this Friday...

Five on Friday

One. The First Day of Fall - It's here! Fall is like the gateway to my favorite three months of every year...and today is the first day of Fall! I love watching the leaves change colors, feel the temperature start to drop, heck - I honestly don't mind that it gets darker earlier! I love everything about Fall...leaves, pumpkin everything, cooler weather, sweaters & boots & scarves, postseason baseball, Halloween & Thanksgiving, pumpkin patches & corn mazes..y'all, I could go on for days! Happily - my favorite season starts TODAY!

db0fd0102a24dc72d0d2866e5294e053--halloween-chalkboard-art-fall-chalkboard

Two. Harry Potter & Staunton, VA - Staunton is a small town about an hour from my house and every year they host the Queen City Mischief & Magic Festival. For a whole weekend, the town is magically transformed to look like you've stepped into the middle of a Harry Potter book! You can try your hand at wizard dueling, shop for a wand or some Bertie Bott's Beans, climb aboard the Hogwarts Express and even (if you're lucky) dine at the Great Hall. Events start at 10 AM and go till 10 at night and you can bet there are costumes aplenty!

4da9ae0d1eeb30243498e72b7b0478f6 11109807_G img_3861

And I'll be making my way over to Staunton on Saturday to check it all out! I can't wait!

Three. Game of Thrones Brunch - A local pub called the Union Jack is hosting a three hour Game of Thrones themed brunch on Sunday and you can bet I grabbed up a reservation ASAP! I honestly have almost no idea what the brunch will entail but I know it includes Bloody Mary's and Mimosas with your meal and I can't wait to check it out! I've been to Union Jack plenty of times and the food is always delicious!

Image result for game of thrones meme

Four. Nationals Baseball - Only ten games left in the regular season! The Nationals are currently at 92-60 and have already clinched the National League East Division title for the year. The team is looking for it's first 100 win season; they'll need to get a W in eight of the ten games they have left this season for that...and then it's on to October baseball! I'll be attending the final home game again this year (on October 1st) and then perhaps I'll find a way to get to a postseason game? Only time will tell...but I'd sure like to cheer for my Nationals through early November!

Five. September Splurge: Poppy Love - Last but most definitely not least; the September Splurge with Perfectly Posh is an awesome chunk - Poppy Love! The chunk is a limited quantity product made with rich shea butter and moisturizing coconut and palm oils that hydrate while poppy and apricot seeds exfoliate for luxuriously soft skin, scented with warm poppy, amber, and sandalwood!

Image result for perfectly posh poppy love

The best part about this chunk? For every Poppy Love chunk purchased, a chunk will be donated to Hurricane Harvey relief efforts! And when you purchase a Poppy Love chunk, you'll get a coupon for $1 off your next chunk purchase! What's not to love?

If you want to grab one for yourself, check it out at: http://NatalieSummerlin.po.sh/ and grab one while they're still available!

********************************************

That's my five for this Friday! I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and maybe time will slow down and it will seem longer than it really is, ha-ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment