Friday, August 4, 2017

Five on Friday

It's Friday once more - the weekend stretches out in front of me like with the sweet promise of nothing on the calendar and gorgeous weather all weekend; I'm talking the upper 70's and sunny on both Saturday and Sunday - yes please!

Five on Friday

One. Weekend Recap - I completely fell off the blogging bandwagon on Monday and failed to recap my weekend; although I wasn't up to a whole lot this weekend, so you weren't missing much. It poured and poured all evening on Friday and threatened to rain for most of Saturday morning...

img_8747
img_8743 img_8745

Saturday evening was spent at one of my favorite places - Nationals Park! We introduced some friends to the joy that is baseball at Nationals Park; which would have been a little bit more joyous has the Nationals won (*sigh*)...but still, time at the ball park is always wonderful!

img_8748

Sunday was an absolutely gorgeous day - that I have no documentation of! Fail! After church and a delicious Sunday lunch, I spent a lot of time on the deck. There wasn't a cloud in the sky, there was a nice breeze and it was just a perfect afternoon for spending time outside and reading! I got in some exercise, dinner on the deck and nice bubble bath before finishing out the weekend with Game of Thrones!

Two. Dragonfruit - Y'all; have you ever had dragonfruit? Until Monday I had not...but I stumbled onto a whole crate full of dragonfruit at Martin's on Sunday afternoon and the hot pink color just caught my eye! I grabbed one to try and I honestly can't figure out if I liked it or not, ha-ha! Maybe I'll just say it's definitely unique?

img_8754

Three. LipSense - Have you heard of LipSense? LipSense is the most incredible "lip stick" that stays on for 6-18 hours without smudging. It stays on through your morning cup of coffee, it won't kiss off, it sticks with you through even the sweatiest of work outs and meal after meal! I know this because I've been using it for over a month now and had stellar results!

Image result for lipsense

I recently decided to become a LipSense distributor and if I'm being honest; part of me is interested in selling an amazing product but the other part of me (the introvert, ha-ha) is just interested in the amazing discount I can get as a distributor. We'll see how things go over the next few months!

If LipSense is something you're interested in, please don't hesitate to ask me about it! I'd love to tell you what I know!

Four. Game of Thrones Pop-Up Bar - Y'all; there is a pop-up bar in DC that is themed to all things Game of Thrones and this weekend, I'm paying it a visit with two of my Game of Thrones obsessed friends! Something tells me I'll take enough pictures for this little foray to warrant it's own post.


If you live in the DMV area and think this is something you might want check out, find out more here: https://popupbardc.com/

I'll definitely be sharing more next week!

Five. Nationals Baseball - It's been a bit of a week. *sigh* Four games have been played so far this week and the Nationals have only won one. The starting pitching staff has been taking some hits; Strasburg had a bit of an injury that is keeping him off the rotation until late this week. Gonzalez carried a no-hitter into the ninth inning on Monday night and essentially pitched a stellar game; the only win of the week. Scherzer hit his first major league home run on Tuesday night - a three run bomb - but then couldn't pitch the rest of the game.

The Nationals are currently playing the first of three against the Chicago Cubs before coming home to face Miami and San Francisco. We still have a 12 game lead in the NL East, but I always like to see wins!

Image result for max scherzer

No comments:

Post a Comment