Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Change

The one constant in life is change....


...I used to wake up every morning, look out the window and see trees and a slow country road...
...Now I wake up, look out the window and see a golf course, a busy highway and mountains rising in the distance...

...I used to drive to work along a flat stretch of highway....
...Now I drive over the hills and around the curves of a mountainous highway...

...I used to work a job from 8-5 every day...
...Now I work in 4 to 5 hour shifts at a part time job, still waiting on that full time job...

...I used to have an hour for lunch; a time to meet friends or leisurely run errands...
...Now, if I'm working during lunch time, I get a harried 15 minutes to suck down something...

...I used to drive home from work each day along that same flat stretch of highway...
...Now I drive over the hill and around the curves and watch the mountains get closer and closer...

...I used to talk and talk and no one thought anything of it...
...Now I talk and people tell me they love my accent, ha-ha...

...I used to be greeted by the wagging tail of a puppy when I came home...
...Now I'm greeted by that same wagging tail as well as the voices of my family...

...I used to eat supper alone, sitting on my couch...
...Now I eat supper with my family and we eat that supper at the table...

...I used to spend my weekends sleeping in and watching movies on my own...
...Now I spend my weekends traveling here and there, seeing new things and I do all of it with other people, not alone...

...I used to go to the movies by myself...
...Now; I have friends (and family) to go to the movies with...

...I used to spend my Sunday mornings in the nursery...always in the nursery, hearing a sermon and socializing with adults once every five or six weeks...
...Now I go to Sunday School and church service each week and I'm only in the nursery once every five or six weeks...

...I used to let my dog out to roam freely...
...Now I walk him on a leash every few hours...

...I used to live in Mississippi...
...Now I live in Virginia...


The one constant in life is change... I think I'm going to like change.




No comments:

Post a Comment