Thursday, February 6, 2014

Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup

Oh my goodness, I have stumbled onto a seriously delicious recipe and I just had to share it with you all because it would be wrong to keep such goodness to myself. I found this recipe on a blog I frequent called Plain Chicken. I think this woman cooks some of the most amazing things ever and I always print out the recipes but I hadn't taken the time to try my hand at one before. Last night was when that changed - I wanted to try something new and when I stumbled onto this recipe, I knew it was supper!

It was so delicious, I could have eaten it until I popped but I did just have two bowls before tucking the leftovers away for another day of seriously good eats. Okay, now that I've gone on and on, keep reading to find out how you too can make an absolutely delicious meal! Yum!

All the ingredients you need for one seriously delicious soup!
Ingredients

-1 9 ounce package of cheese tortellini
-2 cans of tomato soup
-2 cups chicken broth
-2 cups half & half
-1 tsp. basil
-1 tsp. onion flakes
-1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/2 cup Parmesan cheese


Just a little bit of Basil....

I love to see my stove cooking up something yummy!
-Combine the two cans of tomato soup, half & half, chicken broth and spices into a pan, warm on medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

-Cook tortellini according to the directions of the package; the recipe called for cheese tortellini but I suppose if you'd rather use a meat filled tortellini or even spinach, that would be delicious too! Drain tortellini after it finishes cooking.

-Add cooked tortellini into the creamy tomato soup mixture, also stirring in the 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese. Mix well and cook for about 2 to 3 more minutes.

-Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan on top - and enjoy!

The tortellinis take a swim in the tomato-y, creamy broth of goodness.

A close-up shot of my delicious supper...you know you want a bite.

Delicious. Go make yourself some - you won't regret it.
Seriously - absolutely so yummy and wonderful! It would be great with some crusty French bread on the side, to dip into your soup. I didn't have any but it didn't diminish the deliciousness of this dish. Make yourself some right now, because you will love it! 

1 comment: