Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Weekend Things


Proof that everything old is new again - as I made my way to my office on Friday, I couldn't help but laugh at my shoes. They were a birthday gift from my husband and I clearly remember my 15-year old self begging & pleading for a pair of "muffins"... & being told I could save my money & buy them. I did just that & thought they were the most wonderful shoes ever. Now, for my 40th birthday, I again wanted a pair of "muffins" & I have them - they are great & very comfy! I'm sure comfort wasn't my chief concern when I was 15, ha-ha!


The kittens get more snuggly every day - Spook is still not 100% sure about being loved on, but he will let us pick him up from time to time now. It usually only lasts about a minute, but we take what we can get! Maybe he's never going to be a snuggler? Either way - these two little fluffballs add so much joy to our lives & keep us entertained!

Saturday was a beautiful day & I spent a chunk of the day with my friend Jayne in Page County! It had been a while since we'd had a girls day & so we cruised through the beautiful countryside, & visited some of our favorite places: the Coffee Shop Boutique, With My Soul Boutique & The Virginia Gift Shop - all such awesome places to shop! Jayne treated me to lunch for my birthday & we headed back to our houses shortly after 2:00.


One of my purchases was the t-shirt below; all of the proceeds go to the people who have been displaced because of Hurricane Helene. The company; Simply Southern, is based in North Carolina & I love the way this business (and so many people) are coming together to help one another after the devastation that has been brought onto the mountain communities of North Carolina (and other states).


Saturday night Ryan & I spent some time sitting by our fire pit in our back yard - our first fire pit fire of the 2024 Autumn season! It was so nice to just sit in the crispy air, smelling the fire & listening to the logs crackle... Granted, when some brush down the hill crackled, I almost fell in my haste to get out of my chair & to our back door! I know - scared of my own shadow! I'm sure it was just a raccoon wandering around in the woods past our back door but I have much too vivid an imagination! Either way - the fire pit is out, ready to rock & roll & I love being able to sit in our cozy backyard!

Sunday after church & a quick lunch at home, I met my Mom in Berryville, VA for Luckett's Fall Market - so glad we were able to go! Luckett's is the most delightful little shop (it's really not little) & every Fall & Spring, they have a huge market at the Clarke County that has an endless supply of home decor, antiques, fashion finds, food trucks, greenery & flowers... the list goes on & on! 



The whole set up is incredible & I am so thrilled because I made a find this year! There was a gorgeous black refinished vanity with an unbelievable price tag of $125 - & then the shop owner told me she'd give it to me for $100! After a quick phone call to my husband, I made that deal with her & it's now sitting in our bedroom! I think going on Sunday afternoon, which is the third & final day of the market, is a really great idea! So many of the booths were offering their items at a discounted price or were much more willing to make a deal - so I think I'll stick with Sunday as the day to go!




Aren't the displays gorgeous? The weather was perfect too - if a little warm! If I had an unending supply of funds (don't we all wish that)... I could have gone crazy! As it was, I am still pretty tickled with my vanity find & I also got a wooden dough bowl for just $10. So I'd say my trip to Luckett's Fall Market this year was excellent.




Sunday evening was laid back & chill - watching football & playing with the kittens. I find that I really enjoy Sundays in the Fall; watching football while having some soup or chili simmering on the stove, maybe a cool Fall breeze is coming in an open window? That was our Sunday afternoon & it was lovely! It was especially lovely because I had Monday off for Indigenous Peoples Day, so I was able to sleep in & spend some time just being relaxed & calm - so nice. I cannot believe October is already halfway over - time flies, faster every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment