Monday, May 15, 2023

How is it Mid-May Already?

I'm sure it's because the whole first portion of May was spent on vacation - but I cannot believe that we are already (literally) at the mid-point of the month! It was just April y'all! Now here we are, about fifteen days away from June! Time flies y'all - time flies!

The chiropractor asked me how my weekend was and I said it was absolutely too quick! Granted, isn't every weekend too speedy? I know we have a three day weekend coming up at the end of the month and it cannot get here fast enough!

Friday marked six months of marriage for Ryan and I - so we had a little date night at Woodstock Café, which never ever disappoints! Woodstock Café doesn't have an extensive menu but the items they have on their menu, they do them to perfection! We started with the Parker House Rolls and Ryan got a Romaine Salad with Pork Belly - all divine!





I had the Potato Raviolo with Bacon, Peas and Pecorino for my meal and Ryan had the D'Artagnan Grass-Fed Ribeye with Potato Pave Fries and Ramp Butter; please note that he is in a steak bliss fueled coma in the picture below - he said he'd never had a steak cooked more perfectly! We finished the meal with the seasonal dessert, which is strawberries, rhubarb and basil with phyllo, layered with basil sugar with a sauce of strawberry and elderflower! Every single bite was SO GOOD.



Saturday was supposed to be a rainy day and so I'd planned to clean the house - and clean the house I did! I worked on getting everything cleaned up now that we are home again from travels and spent the morning taking care of all of that (with Ryan's help - of course). The rain didn't seem to be able to make up it's mind... however right about the time we decided to head to Lowe's and Wal-Mart, the rain arrived! 


We ended up buying several of the things that I'd planned/plotted about on Friday's post for updating the house and making it look a little bit more streamlined! Our new rug was on sale at Lowe's and I don't have pictures of the kitchen, but the new black and white buffalo check accents make such a world of difference to me! 

We had pizza and wings for dinner and watched the XFL Championship game - which was such a letdown! The DC Defenders had a nearly perfect season (only one loss) and went into this game a clear favorite, but they seemed to forget how to play football and got whooped by the Arlington Renegades! 


Sunday after a lovely church service (I have zero picture's with my Momma y'all), we headed over to Luray, Virginia to have brunch at the Mimslyn Inn! My Momma joked that we were remembering Ryan and I's wedding - and I didn't realize until we were there, but that was the last time we were at the Mimslyn Inn! The food for their brunch was delicious and we all left feeling a lot more stuffed than when we arrived, ha-ha! 



After taking the long route home and stopping at some thrift shops, we spent the rest of the afternoon doing laundry, reading and getting ready for the work week! We had some Pastalaya for dinner and ended the evening with a trip to Sugar Creek Snowy and Sweet to get ice cream - and Luna got her first pup cup, which we think she absolutely loved! It was a nice way to end the weekend and now, here we are - on Monday afternoon, with the sun shining and time flying by!


No comments:

Post a Comment