Friday, February 17, 2023

The Friday Five

 

One. Valentine's Day - What a sweet day Valentine's Day was! It's such a blessing to have a sweetheart to share this special day with! Love comes in all forms and from all kinds of relationships, but I will say that as someone who waited on my forever sweetheart for so long - it makes these kind of celebrations all the more special.

 



We were spoiled rotten by my parents with a lovely gift basket and then on Valentine's Day, we shared gifts with one another - and my sweet hubby did such a great job! He got me the most beautiful tennis bracelet and some flowers from Fresh Cut Paper (which is really neat - you should check them out if you haven't heard of them). 

Two. Weekend Things - Y'all, I am living on the edge this weekend! Ryan and I are headed to Seven Springs Resort in Pennsylvania to ski, snowboard and snow tube and I am going to hope that skiing is like riding a bike and I pick it right back up, ha-ha!


We are staying at an AirBnB in the area and plan to go skiing (me) and snowboarding (Ryan) on Saturday and then spend Sunday morning doing some snow tubing before heading back to Virginia! We are lucky that we're both getting to leave work today at noon - so while it will be a quick weekend - it will be a little longer than most!

Three. Snow - We have had such a mild Winter here this year, barely even a flurry of snow to be seen but I know this weekend that will change and I must admit - I'm kind of excited! I'm thrilled to know that I'll get to see some of the white stuff this weekend and play around and spend time in a Winter Wonderland!


It remains to be seen if Winter will show up in the Shenandoah Valley - but there is something nice about getting to experience snow and all it's beauty without having to go to work, ha-ha! So I plan to enjoy the beauty of the Winter this weekend (and also hope that maybe Spring comes early to our neck of the woods). 

Four. My Plant Children - Once upon a time, I joked I had a black thumb but I wanted to share my little windowsill of plants at my office. I've managed to keep them alive and growing for quite some time now and they bring me a lot of pride and joy!


This is probably not the best picture of them - but I snapped it the other day to share with my Mom and decided I'd share it here too! They are all growing pretty fiercely and I'm thinking one or two of them could use a larger pot!

Five. It's A Three Day Weekend - I just had to throw that out there, ha-ha! My sweet husband still has to go to work on Monday, but I absolutely plan to snuggle back into the bed and sleep in on Monday. Sure - once I get up I have to do taxes, but I can take my time and that's the beauty of it all. The best part about this three day weekend is that I have only about a month until I have a four day weekend - cue the cheering!


******************************************************************

Y'all have a good weekend and I'll see you back here next week - hopefully with no skiing injuries!

No comments:

Post a Comment