Friday, September 14, 2018

Five on Friday

It has been cloudy for over a week now... it has rained at some point every day for the past eight days... and the hurricane that is currently battering North Carolina will also bring Northern Virginia some rain over the weekend and into the early week. Will we ever see the sun again?

While I debate weather patterns - here are five other things taking up space in my mind on this gloomy Friday.

Flora Boom

One. Paint Night - I am in a women's Bible study group in my neighborhood and on Tuesday night we did a paint night and it was so much fun! It's been so much fun to make friends in the neighborhood and even more fun to continue to grow those relationships - especially doing something like gathering around a table, sharing food and drink and attempting our best Autumn tree!



The painting was pretty easy to do - I am liking mine a little more each day, ha-ha! If you live in the Northern Virginia area and you're looking to do a paint party, we did ours at The Studio - A Place for Learning and Kelly was a wonderful teacher!

Two. Gorgeous Views - Wednesday night my ladies group from church (different from the above group, ha-ha) had our weekly meeting at one of the ladies' family cabin and the views were absolutely stunning! The cabin is situated on a ridge with a view of the valley below... it's just breathtaking!


I'd love to get a chance to visit the cabin again, especially when the sun is shining over the mountain peaks in the distance! *sigh* I do love the mountains and a good cabin!

Three. All Things Pampering - Perfectly Posh released even more Autumn pampering goodies yesterday: a Fizi (bath bomb) set with three wonderful Autumn scents to make your bath even more luxurious and two Vial (long lasting lip stain) shades, In the Dark and Leaf Me Alone!

img_6768

As of today, there is also a BOGO deal on Fizi 6-packs! When you purchase two 6-packs of Fizi's (bath bombs), one of them will be free! There is no code required, you just place two in the cart and one is free! The Autumn posh and the BOGO deal are both limited, so if you'd like to try anything - http://NatalieSummerlin.po.sh is the place to check it out!

Four. Beauty & the Beast - Well y'all know this is my very favorite movie..I love the animated and live action versions equally and Disney is re-releasing the live action version in theaters this weekend and you can bet I got myself a ticket!

Related image

I definitely saw the live action in theaters more than once (or twice) when it came out last March, I own the Deluxe Edition of the movie...but I would never turn down a chance to see it on the big screen again! So on Saturday afternoon, you can find me snacking on some gummy bears and falling in love with it all over again. *sigh*

Five. Hurricane Florence - Oh hurricane Florence! Earlier in the week it was looking like she might be more of a threat here in Northern Virginia but then she spun it in a different direction and so all we will likely see is a bit of rain and some breezes...

Image result for hurricane florence meme

It's pretty unsettling to see the damage being done in the Carolinas and if you are in the path of Florence or had to evacuate so you wouldn't be in the middle of it - thoughts and prayers go out to you!

*********************************************

That's all I've got for this Friday and the start of this weekend! I hope everyone enjoys their weekend...see y'all on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment