Monday, July 16, 2018

Justice, Just A Lot of Nothing & Air Plants

Well - as the title would suggest - I didn't really do too much this weekend. I suppose every weekend can't be filled with grand adventure and exploration...and I can never quite decide if the weekend passes faster with things to do or faster with nothing to do. What I can attest to is that it passes much quicker than I'd like, regardless of my plans!

img_5776

We closed up the office at 3:00 on Friday and so my weekend began early - and I was honestly thankful because I'd been dealing with a headache for most of Friday afternoon, so I hopped on my couch and took a nap when I got home. Talk about kicking off the weekend with a bang, am I right?

We grabbed some delicious dinner at our favorite local Mexican restaurant and then made a Target run, where I purchased Batman vs. Superman and Justice League. After returning home, I sat outside on the deck and watched the birds feasting at the feeder for a while and then curled up on my couch to watch Batman vs. Superman - and decided that I liked it a lot more than I remembered.

img_5778

I slept in on Saturday and while I'd originally not thought about tagging along... I decided at the last minute (sort of) to join my parents for breakfast at a new(ish) cafe in nearby Strasburg. I'm not a huge breakfast eater, so I just had coffee and a yummy coffee cake muffin. We grabbed some orange creamsicle cupcakes to go and headed back home, where I just spent the rest of the late morning and early afternoon doing a whole lot of nothing. I mean - that is in the title y'all, what did you expect?

My Mom and I decided that we needed to do something to pass the afternoon and so my Mom did a bit of investigating and we headed about twenty minutes up the road to Berryville to explore some of the shops on Main Street. We perused a fair trade shop where I grabbed some gorgeous earrings and my Mom picked up some wee chocolate bars, I found a new favorite shop called Modern Mercantile and I also picked up a key fob that has the line "I solemnly swear I am up to no good..." from Harry Potter.


My favorite purchase from the day though were my terrariums, filled with delightful little bromeliad, moss, rocks and decor. Modern Mercantile had a station set up where you could choose a container, choose a plant, choose fillers and put everything together to make a hanging terrarium. I've been intrigued by air plants and this seemed like the perfect time to finally get myself one...or two. I created two little hanging terrariums and we headed back toward home...



We did; of course, make a stop at the mall and we were both lured in by Hallmark's ornament premiere and a sale at Bath and Body Works, ha-ha! We grabbed some dinner at Macado's on the Winchester Walking Mall and then went back to the house - where I watched Justice League and Watson questioned what exactly we'd brought him from our afternoon of adventuring...

img_5786

Sunday morning I could have slept...and slept... but I got myself up, had coffee and breakfast and got myself to church for the second service. It starts at 10:30 and I'd bought a ticket for the 12:00 showing of Ant-Man & the Wasp - but my church is quite close to the theater and I assumed I'd easily make it from one to the other with plenty of time to spare. Well, the sermon went a bit long and there I was - the person creeping out early - on the Sunday the pastor preached about patience. There's some irony there - I know.

I thoroughly enjoyed Ant-Man & the Wasp and I almost thoroughly enjoyed my time at the movies - the perils of going to the movies alone means you never know who might sit next to you - sigh. I headed home and continued to be a bum, watching the season finale of The Handmaid's Tale and the premiere episode of Sharp Objects on HBO before taking a bit of a nap... It was raining outside, so it was the perfect weather for napping!

img_5800

The evening was rounded out with a trip to nearby Newtown Creamery for ice cream - because it was National Ice Cream Day - so it was kind of a requirement, right? I got a lemon cone rolled in rainbow sprinkles and it was divine! I closed out my weekend with my customary Sunday evening bubble bath and some reading before I crashed.

So - as you can see, the weekend wasn't exactly packed with activities - but it was a good weekend all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment