Monday, March 19, 2018

Another Weekend Recap

Another weekend has come and gone - much too fast for my liking! I feel like the weekend passed in a blur and I am sorely looking ahead to the three day weekend coming up next weekend. I'm thankful for Good Friday for so many reasons - and while a day off from work is the least important of those reasons - I'm still very thankful for it.

Friday after work, I had to contend with a company charging my account for a purchase that I did not authorize (isn't that always fun?) and so it took a little bit away from the early start to the weekend. Not to be deterred from enjoying the weekend, I sorted that nasty business out and then headed to the Alamo to meet my friend Jennie and her son Jimmy for a little dinner and a movie!

img_3164

Jimmy is closing in on eleven and I always thought he hated taking pictures with me at the movies...but he took this picture with HIS phone and text it to me. We saw Tomb Raider and I mentioned in my Friday post that I knew nothing about the franchise, but I really enjoyed the movie and I'm glad to see it looks like they've left the ending open so that more films can be added. When I got home, I did a little reading before falling asleep.

Saturday morning was bone-chillingly cold; I sipped my coffee in front of the fire before throwing on some jeans and a t-shirt (with some green on it) and making my way to the salon to get my hair done. I spent the next three hours in various states of foil, funny smelling liquids and stints under the heater...but the final results were quite worth it! And I enjoyed catching up with my friend Melissa, who also happens to be my hair dresser!


After heading home to grab some lunch, I left once again and met up with my friends to explore a couple shops and get some dinner. We ate at a fairly new wood fired pizza restaurant called Oak Stone and the food was delicious! The pizza I got was called the Tijuana and had spiced beef, Monterrey jack cheese and a swirl of sour cream on top - it was so yummy! I got a cup of tomato asagio bisque soup to start and it was also to die for...and later in the evening, my Mom gifted me a lovely green macaron - in the spirit of St. Patrick's Day, of course.


Sunday dawned absolutely gorgeous and of course, Watson made sure to take advantage of every available spot of sunshine to lay down and soak it all in...


After church we grabbed burgers and fries from Five Guys for lunch and then headed home to change and pick up the pup. We drove over to the Arboretum for some time wandering around in the glorious weather - it was sunny and almost sixty degrees! Watson loved every minute of his chance to explore and rolled around in the grass, greeted every stranger we came in contact with and generally just enjoyed life.



We drove the loop road around the Arboretum on our way out and while I don't think Watson would ever hop right out the window - he certainly made sure to get as much of himself out of the open window as possible. I kept a hand on him and when I finally had to roll up the window, he proceeded to plop right down on my chest and make himself comfortable.



Our final stop en route to the house was Baskin Robbins - for ice cream I didn't need but...man was it ever delicious! I got mint chocolate chip and cannoli, both were divine but my favorite was the mint chocolate chip - so, so good!


I passed the rest of the evening reading on the deck and then reading curled up on my couch. I had some leftovers for supper, took a bubble bath and had a nice chat with my Mom. The weekend ended far too soon for my liking - but then, that always seems to be the case. Oh well, the good thing about weekends is that they come around every five days.

No comments:

Post a Comment