Friday, May 12, 2017

Five on Friday

This week's edition is coming to you from the big city of Las Vegas! I hopped a plane on Wednesday afternoon, winged my way across the country and arrived just in time to see the Strip start to light up for the night.


One. Flying - Definitely not my favorite thing; to say the least. My flight from DC to Vegas wasn't so bad...but there were definitely some spots along the way where the plane hit some turbulence and I was not having it! My seat mates were nice enough and even shared some gummi bears with me, but at just over five hours...I was ready to run off that plane when it landed. And man - the landing - everything seemed fine and then when the back wheels hit the tarmac, the whole plane fishtailed. It was nuts and I was so very happy to see solid ground...and my little sister!

Two. Celine Dion - I'm seeing Celine in concert tonight at The Colosseum at Caesar's Palace! Not going to lie, I'm pretty excited! I've been listening to Celine Dion since I was about thirteen; the song It's All Coming Back to Me Now was the first Celine song that completely hooked me and of course, who can forget My Heart Will Go On? Lindsey and I will be having dinner at Mesa Grill ahead of the concert and then we'll no doubt be blown away by the awesomeness that is Celine Dion!

Three. Tea at the Mandarin Oriental - Saturday's treat; I read a review on Town and Country a few months back about the Top Ten places to have afternoon tea in the US and the Mandarin Oriental in Las Vegas was one of them. My sister and I love a good afternoon tea and so we decided we'd give this one a try! I can't wait to see how it fares, what delicious teas they have to offer and the tasty treats to try too! It should be wonderful!

Four. Time Change - I know this one seems out of place...but bear with me here, I've made the jump from the Eastern time zone to the Pacific time zone and it has messed with my sleeping a bit, ha-ha! I went to bed on Wednesday night at 10:15 (1:15 to this East Coast girl)...and I woke up on Thursday morning at 4:54 (7:54 in my confused mind)... I finally feel back asleep and woke up again at 7:05. Crazy! At least the bed in the guest room is super comfy! 

Five. Nationals Baseball - Another week of baseball has come and gone. I'd have to say the highlight of the week was Matt Wieters' ninth inning single that allowed for a walk off win against the Orioles. The Nationals are still hanging on to one of the best records in the MLB and I can't wait to get back to the park for another game; Star Wars Day is just a couple weeks away and I'll be in the park for that one! 

And that's all I've got for today...and not a picture one because I'm using my little sister's MacBook Air and y'all...I cannot for the life of me figure out half of it. Copy & Paste has not been my friend and so this week's edition is picture-less. Oh well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment