Friday, August 12, 2016

Five on Friday

Oh Friday - lovely Friday. This week has seemed slow and hectic at the same time - how is that even possible?? While I'm not sure about all the whole space/time paradigm, I am quite sure that I love Friday. Don't you?


One. The Olympics - What a joyous first week of the Olympics, right? The US is just dominating as far as medals go; I think that we currently have 38 medals...and a large majority of those are from swimming and gymnastics. Swimming and gymnastics are easily my favorite sports to watch and I've loved watching Phelps and Biles, Raisman and the entire Women's Gymnastics Team just absolutely dominate. I can't wait to see how many more medals we rack up as the games continue. 

I also can't wait to see if we get anymore great memes...because Phelps mean-muggin at Le Clos; well that in and of itself is gold medal quality, right?


Two. Leslie Jones - Speaking of the Olympics...how can you not love Leslie Jones? Her constant live tweeting of each and every event catching the eye of the people in charge at NBC and winding up in Rio...just in time to see the Women's All Around live and in the flesh! She even met Bela Karoyli and if that's not #goals then I don't know what is.

I can't wait to watch her Olympic antics unfold as the rest of the Games unfold - she's a delight!



Three. My Better Self in Fall - I was listening to one of my favorite podcasts (The Big Boo Cast) this morning and they joked that they feel like they are their better selves in Fall. I can agree with this statement wholeheartedly. There is just something about throwing on skinny jeans, a cute cardigan, scarf and boots that just really makes me feel good. 

I cannot wait for cooler weather so I can break out my vast collection of cardigans and scarves and watch the leaves fall...



Four. Nationals Baseball - Not a busy week for the Nationals; they played the Giants this past weekend and won two of the three games; I'm loving our new closer Mark Melancon! This week has been the week of off days...and so with Monday off, we played the Indians on Tuesday and Wednesday, winning one and losing one...

This weekend the Braves comes to town and on Saturday it's Star Wars day at Nationals Park. I'll be at the Park for two of the three games against the Braves and I'm looking forward to a Nationals filled weekend....a weekend that is hopefully filled with wins.



Five. Fitness - I have embraced the elliptical and try to get in thirty minutes each evening... It's not always the easiest...mostly because I'm still getting back into the swing of things. I'll really be getting into the swing of things tomorrow when I run in the Bubble Run. Although run might be a bit of a stretch...I'll likely be walking quickly and jogging some...but - it's my first 5K and you've got to start somewhere, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment