About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Change

The one constant in life is change....


...I used to wake up every morning, look out the window and see trees and a slow country road...
...Now I wake up, look out the window and see a golf course, a busy highway and mountains rising in the distance...

...I used to drive to work along a flat stretch of highway....
...Now I drive over the hills and around the curves of a mountainous highway...

...I used to work a job from 8-5 every day...
...Now I work in 4 to 5 hour shifts at a part time job, still waiting on that full time job...

...I used to have an hour for lunch; a time to meet friends or leisurely run errands...
...Now, if I'm working during lunch time, I get a harried 15 minutes to suck down something...

...I used to drive home from work each day along that same flat stretch of highway...
...Now I drive over the hill and around the curves and watch the mountains get closer and closer...

...I used to talk and talk and no one thought anything of it...
...Now I talk and people tell me they love my accent, ha-ha...

...I used to be greeted by the wagging tail of a puppy when I came home...
...Now I'm greeted by that same wagging tail as well as the voices of my family...

...I used to eat supper alone, sitting on my couch...
...Now I eat supper with my family and we eat that supper at the table...

...I used to spend my weekends sleeping in and watching movies on my own...
...Now I spend my weekends traveling here and there, seeing new things and I do all of it with other people, not alone...

...I used to go to the movies by myself...
...Now; I have friends (and family) to go to the movies with...

...I used to spend my Sunday mornings in the nursery...always in the nursery, hearing a sermon and socializing with adults once every five or six weeks...
...Now I go to Sunday School and church service each week and I'm only in the nursery once every five or six weeks...

...I used to let my dog out to roam freely...
...Now I walk him on a leash every few hours...

...I used to live in Mississippi...
...Now I live in Virginia...


The one constant in life is change... I think I'm going to like change.




No comments:

Post a Comment