About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 31, 2014

The Orlando Experience - Shop till you Drop!

Tuesday...you've got to love Tuesday because while it was a so-called "down" day, it was still a down-day done Disney style and that's honestly the best kind of down day there can be, right? Okay, maybe I'm a little too in love with Disney. Oh wait - NOT POSSIBLE! Moving right along...

We slept late (okay, Ginger slept really late...ha-ha) on Tuesday and then got on one of the lovely Disney transportation buses and made our way to Downtown Disney. We passed Typhoon Lagoon on the way and I have to say a small part of me was sad we weren't hitting one of the water parks on this trip - Disney does everything in such a special and magical way, even the water parks. Having said that, even in the 100+ temps I wouldn't have been swimming with the sharks at Typhoon Lagoon - I did it once before and it was fine, but I was young and innocent then - I hadn't watched years of Shark Week!

Lunch at Rainforest Cafe - of course things got a little bit "wild"

Step right up for pasta, ribs & indoor rain showers....

World of Disney - if you can't find it here, you probably won't find it at all. I love this store.
I love Downtown Disney and I probably could have stayed longer than the 4 hours we were there - they have so many unique shops and of course, they have the largest Disney store ever: World of Disney. I absolutely fell in love with so many of the things I saw, from the Be Our Guest dishes to the Dooney and Bourke Disney purses (that was a laugh...I had nowhere near that kind of money, but one can dream...) and do not get me started on all the pins! I could look at this stuff for days and find something else I wanted every time! Lindsey did the most damage at Downtown Disney, walking away with three bags of stuff - whoosh! I also discovered a new favorite store - Basin!

The Lego lake monster - look out!

Lady & the Tramp - I love those ears Lady!

The princesses from the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boo Salon preparing to lead the parade - those flip-flops are princess chic! They also happen to be my three favorite princesses: Elsa, Belle & Anna...also Elsa is actually a queen...

Shop till you drop! 

I added to my pin collection quite a bit this trip...
After a short visit to the pool, we caught the boat over to the Fort Wilderness campground for dinner and show - the Hoopty Doo Musical Revue. I am always skeptical about these "hokey" dinner and a show type things but it is completely understandable why this is considered the number one dinner show at Disney - the food was delicious and the performers were hilarious...and don't even get me started on the strawberry shortcake! We got caught in a bit of rain as we left but we ended the night with a rainbow and we all hoped that it was a sign it wouldn't rain anymore while we were at Disney, ha-ha!

Wave your napkin in the air!

The guy in the vest - Six Bit Slocum was his "name"...he was hilarious.

I'll take more...and more...and more...

She's a natural folks!

Good night!

No more rain - we hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment