About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Moving Right Along

Wow - you guys, I am technically homeless for the next two days and I am thrilled! Ha-ha! I don't know, I feel like I should be having these emotions of loss or sadness or something...but I have none of that. Maybe it comes from waiting for over a year for this to happen, but the only emotion I feel is excitement and it builds with each step that is completed...

This is the text my Dad sent me at about two yesterday afternoon!
I must first say that my Dad is, hands-down the best person (and Dad) in the world - he truly is! After getting up at 4:30 in the morning on Monday to go to work, he then flew down to Jackson on Monday night, didn't arrive until 9:15 at night and then he even offered to drive home! He went on Tuesday and picked up the truck and loaded it up all day Tuesday...did I mention he did this in the rain??? Seriously - I have the best Dad ever and I haven't gotten him a Father's Day gift yet because...HELLO - what does one possibly get the best Dad in the world?? Truly though - he is the best dad and...what do you get? Really, I have no clue what to get him and that's the real reason I haven't gotten anything yet!

Why are men so hard to shop for?? Oh well, I'm going down a rabbit hole that is neither here nor there.

Here are just a couple photos from the last 24 hours in my first home...

It's blurry, I know...but Watson said "please don't forget me..."

We are ready to roll - let's do this!

Yes...yes...everything looks good. All of "our" things are packed. Good, good.

My whole life - stuffed in a big yellow truck!

The new owners have already come & started to get it ready to be moved...they must be excited too!

This truck is ready to ROLL!!!
My Dad and I (mostly me...but he'd already done enough, so I let him chill) cleaned up the house - I almost died inhaling bathroom cleaner fumes but that's alright...I told myself it was the last time I'd have to clean the bathroom(s). And yes Mom, I know - I will have to clean my bathroom at the house but you know what I mean, ha-ha! Once the house was swept, mopped, vacuumed, scrubbed, dust-busted (that's not a word) and just generally all scrubbed down, we had a reward for a job well done - cupcakes from Margie's Mixing Bowl! Y'all - I'm sad I discovered this three days before I moved, but check her place out - the cupcakes are delicious!

Empty (almost) living room - the couch & chair are staying for the new owners!

Everything looks so much bigger when there is no furniture...

One last night in my bedroom...
I finally settled down enough to sleep around 10:30 but I guess I'm just anxiously awaiting the next few days because I woke up at 5:30 in the morning! I don't know why, but I managed to just lay in the bed until about 6:15 and then I got up, waved my Dad and the Penske truck on down the driveway, put the last few things in my car and headed out to work. I waved at the house in the rear view mirror...I'm on to a new adventure and I can't wait!

Bye-bye first house...you'll be in good hands with your new owner!

No comments:

Post a Comment