About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Chicken Kindness Bake

This recipe is so named because I was reminded today that people can surprise you. Just when you think you've got a person pegged, they will do something that makes you think twice about who they might truly be....and so with that, I cooked myself up a new and delicious chicken dish....because who doesn't love some chicken, am I right or am I right? It's my blog...so I'm right! Ha!

The six very simple ingredients

All ready for the oven...can you find the chicken?
Ingredients List

- 4-6 boneless chicken breasts, thawed
- 8-10 small new red potatoes, washed and cubed
- a handful of baby carrots, snapped (or sliced) into small pieces
- Italian salad dressing
- onion pieces
- vegetable seasoning mix


Fresh out of the oven - and it smelled delicious!
How to Make It!

- Preheat the oven to 350, put your chicken breasts into the casserole dish.

- Cut your potatoes and carrots into small pieces (I'd probably cut mine even smaller the next time I make this...they cooked but would probably cook a bit better if smaller) and throw into the dish with your chicken. 

- Top with onion, vegetable seasoning and about half the bottle of Italian dressing,  use more or less depending on your preference and cover the whole dish with tinfoil.

- Cook for 45 minutes covered with tinfoil. Remove foil and cook another 15 minutes. 

- Enjoy!

Piping hot and ready to go into my stomach!

So yummy! 
So there you have it - a new dish to try out. A dish that was; for me, born out of kindness. Go get you some chicken, taters and carrots and whip up some supper!

No comments:

Post a Comment