About Me

My photo
A 30-something living in the foothills of the Virginia mountains; I'm saved by grace, addicted to coffee and my little sister is my best friend! I devote most of my time to exploring, reading, attending as many Nationals games as possible and documenting life here. My Prince Charming got lost somewhere along the way...but I'm trying to remain hopeful that true love exists.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Favorite Things Thursday

This is just a short, sweet little post to share five things that I am really into this week...maybe even this month. They run the gamut from cosmetics to entertainment to food and drink. So, without further ado - five things that are pretty much my "favorite" this week!

Best. Color. Ever.
Clinique's Black Honey lipstick - which at first glance looks like it would go on SO dark, but let me assure you it doesn't and that is why I love it! I am not a huge lipstick person; I don't like to just overpower with color and that is what makes this color my favorite - it goes on with the perfect hint of color and shine, without being overwhelming. And therefore, I love it!

It's tough "being human"
Being Human - which I will elaborate more on in my What I was Into in February post but I have just been on a binge with this show for the past week or week and a half and I am eating it up. The show has a vampire, a werewolf and a ghost as the central characters, which if you've paid any attention to some of the shows I normally watch, you will know this one is right up my alley. It's even managed to draw me away from the Winter Olympics broadcast - GASP!

Nom...Nom...Nom...
Ocean Spray Chocolate Covered Craisins - one of my new favorite snacks; I stumbled upon these in the Dollar General and bought a bag just to check them out. Oh my, hooked is not the word. I could eat the whole bag but I promise that I haven't done that. I eat them sparingly as one of my healthier snacks...I suppose they aren't 100% the most healthy thing I could eat, but they're better than what I've been snacking on and they still taste delicious!

Delicious liquids...with 0 calories!
Sobe Life Water Zero - When you jump into a diet and you're used to drinking soft drinks, or at least something with flavor then going to nothing but water all the time. Thank goodness I found Sobe because it has six different flavors (strawberry kiwi being my favorite) and is a really nice break from drinking plain old water all day long!

The best stuff - no doubt!
Vaseline Lip Therapy - No doubt, one of my most favorite new finds. I didn't actually find this so to speak since it was gifted to me from "Santa Claus" as a stocking stuffer this Christmas. I put it in my purse and to be honest, I kind of forgot about it until I was in desperate need of some lip gloss about a week ago and remembered this was in my purse. I haven't quit using it since; it is smooth without being sticky or gummy and provides just the right amount of gloss and tint. I love it!

So there you have it - five things that are my favorite this week! What are some of your favorite things?

2 comments:

  1. 5 of my favorite things this week:

    Sunshine and warmer temps - cause let me tell you folks I am ready for spring!

    An excellent checkup at the Dr - seems I am in excellent health and that is always good!

    Watching the Olympics this week - I do love me some ice skating and bob sleding is pretty cool too. And those ski jumping fools are pretty amazing!

    I love that there is now a Keurig at work - yummy and exciting! I know - it doesn't take a lot to get me excited!

    The excellent airline tickets I bought for my Mom and daughter yesterday! Really cheap compared to what I thought I was gonna have to spend and that is always nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5 favorites (maybe all the time and not just this week)
    electricity & fans...this heat is NOT cool

    facebook - b/c I get to keep up with YOU and others that I love ;)

    My EOS chapstick ball thingy...it's seriously awesome - although now you have me wanting to try out this vaseline one!!!

    snuggles (or more accurately "meltings") with Lyllian - because honestly who doesn't love being with a baby?!?!

    Kindle App - because 3 am feedings need something for me to do to keep myself awake!

    ReplyDelete